guix-devel

Re: updating many haskell packages

From: Troy Sankey
Subject: Re: updating many haskell packages
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 16:00:29 -0500

Quoting Federico Beffa (2017-02-06 15:34:47)
> I would consider a discrepancy between a cabal file on Hackage and the
> actual cabal file included in a tar archive a bug.  It may be helpful
> to report it to the author.

I found this issue on the hackage github:

https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/503

It looks like it's a feature of hackage and/or cabal to allow multiple
revisions of cabal files per tarball release.  IIUC, the `cabal get`
utility takes care of automatically updating the cabal file to the
latest revision.

I'll have to look more into this later.

Troy