guix-devel

[Sharing store/state between Nix and Guix]: How stable is it?

From: rohit yadav
Subject: [Sharing store/state between Nix and Guix]: How stable is it?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:14:04 -0600

Hi,

Is there anyone who has experimented with above mentioned idea? In theory it may be possible, I am just wondering how stable is it? Assuming, I installed a package with guix, it should change the database, create a new profile. As long as ~/.nix-profile or ~/.guix-profile points to current profile I should see the changes in list of packages in the current generation. So, at higher level it should almost be indistinguishable whether nix or guix is used to manage the profiles.

Is there any plan to change the nix core completely (reimplement using scheme guile) in the future?

Thanks,
Rohit