guix-devel

Re: Debbugs handling of packages

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Debbugs handling of packages
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 15:29:31 +0100

>> This was discussed before at
>> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-09/msg00140.html>
>> and we could request a separate Debbugs instance for
>> address@hidden *right now* if we wanted to.
>>
>> What do other people think about this?
>
> I think we should just go ahead and setup that Debbugs instance like I
> said I’d do back in September.  It can only be an improvement over what
> we have now anyway.
>
> Objections?

No objections, please go ahead!

Just a question: does this mean that patch *sets* should be flattened
before sending them so that they are part of the *same* debbugs issue
(instead of being scattered across as many issues as there are patches)?

E.g. for submitting the last 10 commits:

    git format-patch -10 --stdout > series.patch
    git send-email address@hidden series.patch

I guess we can play with this once we have the debbugs instance.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net