guix-devel

Re: Debbugs handling of Guix patches

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Debbugs handling of Guix patches
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 19:40:05 -0500

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> We'd like to use Debbugs to handle some of the patches we get for Guix,
> and I have just created address@hidden for that purpose.
>
> Looking at <https://debbugs.gnu.org/Using.html>, I think the name for
> Debbugs should be "guix-patches".  The email address could be
> address@hidden, but that's another Debbugs instance (what is this
> address actually used for?).  The URL is
> <https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/>.
>
> We'd use it in "exclusive mode".

This is fine, but I'm confused by you saying the email address could be
address@hidden The email address is address@hidden

> We're wondering about patch series as sent by 'git send-email' though.
> What would be your suggestion for those?

You'll get one debbugs report created for each mail in a given series.
This is explained at https://debbugs.gnu.org/15361, along with the
workaround: first create a report ("here's the problem for which I will
send a patch"), then send patches to that bug number rather than bug-foo.