guix-devel

Re: GuixSD on commodity hosting platforms, hoster: IN-Berlin

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GuixSD on commodity hosting platforms, hoster: IN-Berlin
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:37:27 +0100

ng0 writes:

>> > It turns out that it could be as simple as providing them with the raw
>> > disk image, so I will give it a try soon.
>>
>> Can you share the config.scm of that?
>
> What do you mean?

I imagined you will be running something like

    guix system disk-image in-berlin.scm

It is this `in-berlin.scm' file that I was referring to.

Also, I assumed that hosting providers have some of basic set of
requirements for the images that they take.  I remember to have heard
there are several (ugh) cloud/stack standards that one could target.

That would mean that you will be spending some effort to get
`in-berlin.scm' just right, and I would like to make use of that instead
of figuring it all out again myself when I try another hosting provider.

Greetings, janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl