guix-devel

Re: Shadow -> 4.4

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Shadow -> 4.4
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 19:48:07 +0000

On 17-02-11 13:47:23, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:02:05AM +0000, ng0 wrote:

> > > Yes. If it breaks your system, you can always reboot into an earlier
> > > system generation. Another option is to use a VM. I tested both cases,
> > > and it works for me.
> > >
> > > Would anyone else like to test it?
> >
> > I have just reconfigured my system and I can login, and use
> > sudo. More testing wasn't done.
>
> I just pushed the patches, after adding a link to the source of the
> snprintf patch.

Thanks!

> > By the way, why don't we build 'shadow' with SELinux support?

Are there any reasons _against_ configuring 'shadow' with SELinux
support?

> > I know everyone is busy, but I think we really should get that
> > hardening plan going - or at least come up with a plan on what we
> > want now and who's interested/will be involved, etc.
>
> I agree that we should get moving on this. The project is waiting for
> some person or group to start working on it. I'm sure we'd all like to
> see progress but many of us are at the limit of how much work we can do.

I need to clean up a bit, but I have decided to dedicate some portion of
my time to connecting bits and pieces in this area. I made it to part of
my roadmap of the GuixSD blend I create, at least some parts of
hardening. One person is working on finishing SELinux afaik, I just
decided to stick to the libcs. But as you wrote, time is limited.

--
ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/