guix-devel

Re: Commits signed by key not registered on Savannah

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Commits signed by key not registered on Savannah
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 17:16:05 -0500

I wrote:
> Preferably, the public key block associated with your account on
> Savannah would include both your old and new public keys.

Sorry, my request above was ill-considered, and I hereby revoke it.
I now believe that you should register only your new key on Savannah.

It might be nice to associate with each committer, a list of all keys
that they have ever used to sign commits in our git repository.  Keys
would be added to the list over time, but never removed.  The
conventional usage of Savannah's ssh key registry is to include only
currently active keys, and that's needed as well.

What do you think?

      Mark