guix-devel

Re: Debbugs handling of packages

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Debbugs handling of packages
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 11:05:54 +0000

On 17-02-08 20:15:46, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 03:29:31PM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> > Just a question: does this mean that patch *sets* should be flattened
> > before sending them so that they are part of the *same* debbugs issue
> > (instead of being scattered across as many issues as there are patches)?
>
> This would be desirable, I think.
>
> > E.g. for submitting the last 10 commits:
> >     git format-patch -10 --stdout > series.patch
> >     git send-email address@hidden series.patch
>
> Alternatively, one can send only the first patch. This will open a new issue,
> and the submitter obtains the bug number with the corresponding e-mail
> address in reply. Then one can send the remaining patches message by message
> to this address.
>
> Andreas

Okay, the mailman list is now live, I assume the debbugs part is fixed
too reading in the child threads here. We now have to reflect the
suggested use as described in this email in the contributing guide and
inform the help and devel list about this change.

Thanks,
--
ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/