guix-devel

Re: Commits signed by key not registered on Savannah

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Commits signed by key not registered on Savannah
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 14:43:31 +0100

Hi!

The idea that I had while trying to see how to map TUF to Git¹ was to
store keys in the Git repo we’re authenticating.  We’d store a list of
“authorized keys” for each “role” that we define.  One of the roles
would be “update the authorized committer keys”, for instance.

Thus, to authenticate a Git commit, we’d have to check whether it was
made by a committer whose key was marked as authorized in the previous
commit.

I’d like to toy with this idea and see whether it’s hard to implement
and how well that would perform.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

¹ https://bugs.gnu.org/22883