guix-devel

Re: Archive authentication & ‘guix challenge’

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: Archive authentication & ‘guix challenge’
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:13:14 -0500

On 02/13/2017 at 14:05 Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>>
>>> myglc2 <address@hidden> skribis:

>>> [...]
>>
>> I remember being equally confused by not finding the key imported in the
>> /etc/guix/acl file, as per the manual.
>>
>> On my GuixSD system, the value of %config-directory is:
>> "/usr/local/etc/guix", and the file "/usr/local/etc/guix/acl" does
>> contain multiple times the public key of Bayfront, which must be due
>> to passed attempts at adding the Bayfront key using "guix archive".
>
> I suppose that’s because you installed Guix in /usr/local at some point?
>
> myglc2, are you in a similar situation?

Hmm, apparently so ...

guile -c '(use-modules (guix config)) (pk %config-directory)'

... returns ...

;;; ("/etc/guix")

... but in the REPL I get ...

(use-modules (guix config))
(pk %config-directory)

=> "/usr/local/etc/guix"

... /usr/local/etc/guix/acl is the only file under /usr and I didn't
install in /usr/local.  The system was created with 'guix init' on a
previous GuixSD system and has since been modified by 'guix reconfigure'
and 'guix package', running either from 'git pull' or git checkout.

I don't know if this is related, but I see that guix config.log
(attached) has ...

guix_sysconfdir='/usr/local/etc'

Also, you may recall that, on the previous system, we had to make
/usr/local/sbin/guix-register a symlink to guix-register to get 'guix
init' to work ...

HTH, - George