guix-devel

Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:05:04 +0100

Hello Guix!

Since I’m about to leave keyboard for a couple of weeks, here’s a to-do
list for those of you who’ll be around.  :-)

The last things I wanted to push for ‘core-updates’ were a reproducible
Guile (done in b5efd14a9add1bcb4a44fa5b9c1b47706f3df9da), and a subset
or all of the aarch64 patches, depending on their status (should not be
a blocker IMO).

So, here’s a plan:

  • Once Efraim has pushed some of the aarch64 patches, do another
    evaluation of the “core” package set for that branch, and check for
    anything wrong.  From there on, forbid full-rebuild changes.

  • Once the “core” subset builds correctly on all the supported
    platforms (those that Hydra supports), merge ‘master’.  Maybe update
    a couple of things like GnuTLS while we’re at it.  From there on
    forbid non-trivial changes.

  • Build all the packages.  (To do that, someone with access to Hydra
    must change the “subset” argument to “all” in the config of the
    ‘core-updates’ jobset.)

  • Fix things.

  • Once most regressions have been addressed and most binaries are
    available, merge ‘core-updates’ into ‘master’.

How does that sound?

Thanks,
Ludo’.