guix-devel

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a n

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a new metric for it's measurement.
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 22:13:15 +0100

And to be clear I never suggested adding the raspberry pi firmware to
a FSDG compliant distribution.

I don't think the suggestion I made actually qualifies the raspberry
pi firmware - or any current firmware for that matter. It was made to
encourage hardware manufacturers that are willing to dip a toe in to
becoming more open, without getting scorned for not going all the way.

Anyway I'm sorry that this discussion has gotten out of hand.