guix-devel

Re: updating many haskell packages

From: Troy Sankey
Subject: Re: updating many haskell packages
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:07:45 -0500

Quoting Federico Beffa (2017-02-06 03:13:16)
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Federico Beffa <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > (ii) The latest LTS still uses GHC 8.0.1.  I'm not sure if this is
> > because of some real problem (GHC 8.0.2 introduces some
> > incompatibilities) or if it is because changing things takes time.
>
> Looks like LTS8 is on its way http://lwm.github.io/stackage-8.0.2/

Stackage LTS 8.0 has been released:

https://www.stackage.org/lts-8.0

In the coming days, I'll work to make all our current haskell packages
(and my additions) converge to LTS 8.0.  I may backport the stackage
importer [0] if I need to, but I don't expect that it will be required.

Troy

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-02/msg00270.html