guix-devel

Re: Shadow -> 4.4

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Shadow -> 4.4
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:58:45 +0000

On 17-02-11 15:28:22, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 07:48:07PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > Are there any reasons _against_ configuring 'shadow' with SELinux
> > support?
>
> I'm not that familiar with SELinux, so I can't say one way or the other.
> There were some scattered discussions about SELinux in GuixSD at FOSDEM,
> but I'm not sure if we drew any conclusions or not.

The SELinux function is based on/originated in a patch from Gentoo.
Gentoo does not default to SELinux in sys-apps/shadow, it's only when
you set your whole system up to use selinux.
It adds the dependencies on the packages "libselinux" and "libsemanage".

I think we should add it once there is a consent on how to SELinux in
GuixSD.
--
ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/