guix-devel

default linux modules

From: Mathieu OTHACEHE
Subject: default linux modules
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:39:46 +0100

Hi Guix,

I'm running GuixSD on top of a linux kernel with a custom conf.

In "linux-modules" procedure of (gnu system linux-initrd), some modules
are searched by default ("ahci", "usb-storage", ..., "isci"). Those
modules are not present in my kernel because they are compiled as
built-in.

I think one should be able to specify exactly the modules he wants
to be embedded in his initd instead of having a linux conf guix-initrd
compliant. However, I'm not sure how to patch it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mathieu