guix-devel

Re: Leaving the guix project

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: Leaving the guix project
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:54:32 +0100

Exactly why I'm leaving. You prefer to spread and force your religion on to people, and don't really care about anything other than that.

On Feb 22, 2017 05:54, "Mike Gerwitz" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 14:13:45 +0100, David Craven wrote:
> In most you can not. And I don't know of a way to tell if it is
> possible without trying it.

The card will either be soldered or be inserted into a slot much like a
PCI card.  It sometimes has its own area on the outside of the case;
otherwise it's easy to find because the antennas that connect to it
usually go to the monitor or other corners of the case.

> What about laptops that don't have usb ports anymore? Are there any
> free USB-C wifi dongles yet?

USB-C -> USB adapter.

> What about laptops that have a single usb port? you can only plugin a
> thumbdrive or use wifi?

Does the kernel linux support multi USB port adapters?  I've been
meaning to try.

I'm not saying this is ideal.  I have only two USB ports on my C201
Chromebook.  I use a Wifi dongle or pair my Replicant phone for Internet
access, leaving me with only one free port, which usually houses my
Nitrokey.  If I need more ports, I'll need an adapter.  Sometimes such
laptops come with {,Micro}SD card readers (mine does), which is also an
alternative to a flash drive.

Many of us are used to having to make sacrifices for freedom.  Hopefully
one day this won't be necessary.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer