guix-devel

Re: Leaving the guix project

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Leaving the guix project
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:14:14 +0100

David Craven <address@hidden> writes:

> Yeah exactly, you only force people to buy your crappy hardware and while
> you care so much about freedom, freedom of speech and information you do
> not give a shit about. You prefer to lie to unknowing users, telling them
> how firmware in ROM is so much better while I know you're full of shit and
> all of this because of an arbitrary line RMS drew.

People, please keep this civil.  This is not the kind of language we
want to see on our mailing list.

If we cannot discuss things in a respectful manner we shouldn’t discuss
at all.  I think we’ve reached a point at which every point has been
stated and restated, so let’s drop it.

Clearly, we won’t come to an agreement here, so let’s get back to more
fun things like doing the one thing we do agree on: writing free
software.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net