guix-devel

Re: PHP on core-updates

From: julien lepiller
Subject: Re: PHP on core-updates
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:24:42 +0100

Le 2017-02-26 21:46, Leo Famulari a écrit :
Hi Julien,

Libgd is updated to 2.2.4 on the core-updates branch.

Can you take a look and decide what to do with gd-for-php on that
branch?

I think php-for-gd would break with the new version (it would fail to apply the patches), so I'd like to get rid of it, and use our gd package instead.

I found an issue with gd that was discovered by php, reported to gd and fixed in their repo. I've extracted a patch from the gd repo and would like to add it to our package. I found a way to "fix" the newly failing tests and reported them upstream. I've attached two patches I'd like to see in core-updates. I haven't tested them yet, though, but comments would be highly appreciated ;)