guix-devel

Key 69096DFDD7028BEDACC5884BC5E051C79C0BECDB "Key has been compromised"

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Key 69096DFDD7028BEDACC5884BC5E051C79C0BECDB "Key has been compromised"
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 18:25:42 -0500

Hi David,

While looking at the Guix commit log, I noticed that your PGP key
69096DFDD7028BEDACC5884BC5E051C79C0BECDB has been revoked with a reason
of "Key has been compromised".

In a message on February 3 you said, "Can I regenerate a pgp key? I
think my keys where in the gnome keyring or something, backing up
~/.gnupg/secring.pgp didn't keep my keys :/" [0]

Can you clarify whether the key was deleted inadvertently, or if you
think it was actually "compromised". To me, key compromise means you
believe that the private key could have been copied by a 3rd party.

Leo

[0]
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-02/msg00104.html