guix-devel

Re: core-updates frozen!

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: core-updates frozen!
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 01:02:04 +0100

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 03:30:59PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:05:04AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> > So, here’s a plan:
>> >
>> >   • Once Efraim has pushed some of the aarch64 patches, do another
>> >     evaluation of the “core” package set for that branch, and check for
>> >     anything wrong.  From there on, forbid full-rebuild changes.
>>
>> Let's freeze core-updates and try to build it. No more rebuild the world
>> changes except to fix breakage.
>
> Once these changes are pushed, I'll start a new evaluation:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00063.html
>
> Please, no more rebuild the world changes except to fix breakage in the
> core packages.

address@hidden was *just* released[0] and contains some important
bug fixes (notably CVE-2017-2624).

[0] https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2017-March/002779.html

AFAICT it has not been built yet on Hydra since it's not part of the
"core" package set. Is it okay to push?

Unfortunately I have not been able to backport the fix to 1.18.4.