guix-devel

address@hidden: Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU

From: ng0
Subject: address@hidden: Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users]
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 11:08:43 +0000

Hi,

I don't like repeating myself when I have written the content before.
So going by the message below, I'd like to change the way we provide
download links and use the http protocol for our downloads at
gnu.org/s/guix. Currently we only offer the ftp protocol links. The
ports 20 and 21 are commonly blocked in the tor network by relays, that
I was able to telnet to port 21 of alpha.gnu.org was just luck.

Changing this would make our downloads more accessible than they are now.

If there are no objections I will prepare the patch for the website as
soon as I have time to do it.

It would not fix
the fact that we use ftp:// internally in some downloads (which breaks
guix package --fallback when you try to torify guix), but this could
be fixed later.
----- Forwarded message from ng0 <address@hidden> -----