guix-devel

Re: core-updates frozen!

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: core-updates frozen!
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 13:27:39 -0500

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 01:02:04AM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:
> > Once these changes are pushed, I'll start a new evaluation:
> >
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00063.html
> >
> > Please, no more rebuild the world changes except to fix breakage in the
> > core packages.
>
> address@hidden was *just* released[0] and contains some important
> bug fixes (notably CVE-2017-2624).
>
> [0] https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2017-March/002779.html

It looks like a relatively small set of changes.

> AFAICT it has not been built yet on Hydra since it's not part of the
> "core" package set. Is it okay to push?

xorg-server is not a core package, so I guess it's fine. I'll do the
update when pushing the libgd changes from the thread linked above.

I've been reconfiguring my GuixSD system on core-updates, so I've fixed
and then suffered breakage in a few non-core packages so far :)

At some arbitrary point we have to stop changing the branch and just
build it. Newer important updates will have to be grafted.

> Unfortunately I have not been able to backport the fix to 1.18.4.

Okay, hopefully we can figure it out or copy from another distro.