guix-devel

Re: guix pull takes forever

From: ng0
Subject: Re: guix pull takes forever
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 00:10:18 +0000

Leo Famulari transcribed 0.9K bytes:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 09:38:58AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > with current master and using 'guix pull' instead of a git checkout
> > update, the process takes more than 9 hours.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this.
>
> > I restarted it this morning, it's the same. Basically what I see is
> > just:
> >
> > Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.foooo
> > From http://urllbla.tar.gz
> > [status line of 11.1MiB transfered]
> > substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
> > substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
> > unpacking '/gnu/store/aaaaaaaaaa-guix-latest.tar.gz'
> > substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
> > substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
> > substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
>
> What happens if you try using the mirror <https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org>
> instead? Bayfront is not online, as far as I know.

I have 3 mirrors in my list, and up until yesterday all were being
picked up (except for the onion, where I still need clearer advice on how
to configure this - my current advice is to replicate the hydra build
farm and provide an substitute server myself I can test with).

'guix pull' round 1: 8 hours, round 2: ~12 hours, round 3: ~4 hours.
None of them succeded.