guix-devel

Re: Could anyone help me to pack the shellcheck (haskell)

From: Huang\, Ying
Subject: Re: Could anyone help me to pack the shellcheck (haskell)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 16:03:22 +0800

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 19:39:19 +0800
> "Huang\, Ying" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Hi,

>> Great!  It works!
>
> Nice. Good to know that it works for you as-is.
>
>>Thanks a lot!  Now I can use shellcheck.  Could you
>> make it merged by Guix?
>
> Eventually, but it has to go through the normal review process in any case.
>
> Could you give some details for the description? I'm not a user of shellcheck
> so I have no idea what else to put there.

Copied from the README of the shellcheck, I think this is a more
detailed description.

ShellCheck is a GPLv3 tool that gives warnings and suggestions for
bash/sh shell scripts.  The goals of ShellCheck are,

- To point out and clarify typical beginner's syntax issues that cause
a shell to give cryptic error messages.

- To point out and clarify typical intermediate level semantic problems
that cause a shell to behave strangely and counter-intuitively.

- To point out subtle caveats, corner cases and pitfalls that may cause an
advanced user's otherwise working script to fail under future circumstances.

> Also, could you do a license review (check the shellcheck source files for
> header comments which say what license to use) and make sure it's actually
> gpl3 or later ?

Check all *.hs files in the shellcheck.  All files except
ShellCheck/Data.hs has header comments which say gpl3 or later is used.
The ShellCheck/Data.hs has no header comments about copyright and there
are only several variable definitions in the file.

Best Regards,
Huang, Ying