guix-devel

Re: gnu-patches back log

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: gnu-patches back log
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:37:47 +0100

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> Wrapping up, I think 2 interesting ideas popped up in this thread
>
> One is the automation of building of new packages patches

I wouldn’t know how to set this up.  Hydra isn’t powerful enough for our
*current* purposes, so I wouldn’t want to increase the load at this
point.

Ok :-)

> Another one is the weekly report about pending patches and merged
>patches

I’d rather not have a weekly report (I get enough email through the
various Guix mailing lists already).  The debbugs interface shows all
open patches already.  (We should get more people to use guix-patches
instead of guix-devel, though.)

Ok ! This is also what Ludo is proposing

Other than that I’d like to second everything Leo has written.

Sure ! I didn't mean to put off anyone's work !

If that was your impression I apologize, I gave the wrong impression !

I agree with Pjotr that obviously it would be nice to have faster/more
reviews/mentoring.  That’s something everybody can help with, even if it
is just a matter of reviewing licenses or trying to build or run the
package.  But this all falls apart under stress (speaking from
experience here), so it’s best not to force it.

I reviewed one patch only so far, so I take your word for it

I am gearing up with a viable email service and soon I'll be able to use the Emacs-Debbugs thing to its full potential ;-)