guix-devel

Re: openssh pubkeys as part of system config

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: openssh pubkeys as part of system config
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 15:07:39 +0100

Hi,

Chris Marusich <address@hidden> skribis:

> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will soon start to assemble an GuixSD system image for IN-Berlin
>> virtual servers.
>> I know bayfront uses a module which defines lsh pubkeys for user 'root'
>> (?) and makes them part of the system generation.
>>
>> For IN-Berlin (and probably other hosters) it would help if there was a
>> way to define openssh pubkeys in the system config.
>> I know I could just generate an image, make it writable and put my key
>> into /root/.ssh/authorized_keys, but it would be better if this would be
>> possible to define directly.
>>
>> Has someone looked into this before?
>
> I only know of this discussion:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2016-11/msg00075.html

For bayfront, we have a module to declare authorized publish SSH keys,
but that currently relies on lshd rather than sshd:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/modules/sysadmin/people.scm

It’s a common need so we should move it to Guix proper and implement the
same thing for OpenSSH.

HTH,
Ludo’.