guix-devel

Re: Continuing the work on the recipes related to GNU Ring

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Continuing the work on the recipes related to GNU Ring
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 03:25:38 +0100

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 08:20:32PM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
     Here is a work-in-progress set of package definitions, the packages are
     upgraded to their latest version, except for:

     - pjproject(-sfl) :: Which I upgraded to 2.5.5 so as to respect the
       compatibility of the patches that are in "[Tarball with
       sfl-patches]/ring-project/daemon/contrib/src/pjproject". Although
       version 2.6 of the original pjprojects is out.

     - argon2 and opendht :: For which I copied the recipe from Guix servers,
       bud didn't check for new versions yet (not even in the original
       recipes). I copied the original ones so as to try to apply the changes
       proposed by Mx. Gradl. However, I do know that we must send changes to
       upstream (this is why the first FIXME reflects such need), I just want
       to have a working patch (no need to commit it) so as to make sure
       things work across all Guix users.

     Currently, the "configure" phase of the "libring" package is failing due
     to missing "restbed" dependency.

Thanks for doing this.  I look forward to being able to make my first GNU Ring
call on GuixSD!

Are any of the outstanding things you mention reasonable candidates for another
developer to handle on his own?

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3