guix-devel

Re: Mass-packaging of 300 KDE application prepared - Help required

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Mass-packaging of 300 KDE application prepared - Help required
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 17:00:55 +0100

Hi John,

John Darrington <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 03:13:25PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:
>      Hi Hartmut,
>
>      Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>      > as promised earlier, I prepared a repository inclusing patches for more
>      > than 300 KDE packages. I will not have time to work on them, though.
>      > Others will need to implement the packages based on this preperations.
>
>      [...]
>
>      > The repository can be found at
>      > <https://gitlab.com/htgoebel/guix-kde-package>, detailed description on
>      > how to work with it is available ins the README there. If you have any
>      > enhancement requests, please let me know.
>
>      Woow, impressive piece of work!
>
>      Thomas Danckaert is visibly interested in KDE ;-), so either Thomas or
>      others will cherry-pick from your repo.
>
> I suggest that 300 packages is too much for one person to do.

Yeah you’re right; I didn’t mean to suggest that Thomas would handle all
of them.

> So if there is going to be a joint effort at this I suggest that somehow we
> decide in advance which packages are done by whom.
>
> I'm not sure how best to divide them up, since the lower dependencies will
> have
> to be done first.

I’m under the impression that it’s usually difficult to assign tasks to
us lazy volunteers.  ;-)

My guess is that people will incrementally pick the packages they’re
interested in from Hartmut’s repo.

We’ll see!

Ludo’.