guix-devel

License Question for language packs

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: License Question for language packs
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:13:28 +0100

Hi,

I'm about to package the 55 localization packages for KDE. The licence
for these files seems to be very complicated, as it may depend on the
copyright of the translated application. Debian's Copyright file [1] says:

License: The licence for translations is the same as that of the
application or library from which they come. The lowest common
denominator is GNU GPL 2 only. Many apps are under GNU GPL 2 or later
and libraries under GNU LGPL 2 or later. See the relevant application or
library for details.

The language packs include translations for different applications, so
stating each of them might become a) cumbersome and b) of less use.

Which license should I declare in the package?

[1]
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/k/kde-l10n/unstable_copyright

--
Regards