guix-devel

Re: Install hook

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Install hook
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 03:03:35 +0100

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 02:41:09PM +0100, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:

     No, normally gschemas.compiled is one file storing information about all
     GSettings application. It must thus be created from files provided by
     multiple packages.

     For example, gnome-calculator ships

     org.gnome.calculator.gschema.xml

     and gnome-maps ships

     org.gnome.Maps.gschema.xml

     and from both source files a file gschemas.compiled needs to be created
     when gnome-calculator and gnome-maps are installed to the same profile.
     This single file then stores settings of both packages.

I think I see what you are saying:  gschemas.compiled should not be part of the
the package derivation, but should be part of the profile derivation.

So then guix package --install or guix environment would need to run the
necessary
stuff to create it.

I guess that could work, but would work probably need some changes at quite a
low
level.

But what would happen if one had for example gnome-calculator in the system
profile,
and gnome-maps in the user profile?  Would it work under those circumstances?

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3