guix-devel

Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!

From: julien lepiller
Subject: Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:16:20 +0100

Le 2017-03-20 19:41, Leo Famulari a écrit :
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:05:04AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
So, here’s a plan:

  • Once Efraim has pushed some of the aarch64 patches, do another
evaluation of the “core” package set for that branch, and check for
    anything wrong.  From there on, forbid full-rebuild changes.

  • Once the “core” subset builds correctly on all the supported
platforms (those that Hydra supports), merge ‘master’. Maybe update
    a couple of things like GnuTLS while we’re at it.  From there on
    forbid non-trivial changes.

  • Build all the packages.  (To do that, someone with access to Hydra
    must change the “subset” argument to “all” in the config of the
    ‘core-updates’ jobset.)

  • Fix things.

We are at this stage... please help :)

Here is a list of packages that are failing on core-updates but not on
the master branch:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109549?compare=master&full=1#tabs-now-fail

It might take a while to load the web page; please have patience :)

Once you load it, take note of the brown and red icons.

The brown icon means, "we did not try to build this yet, because one of
the dependencies failed to build".

The red icon means, "we tried to build this and it failed." You should
probably focus on these failed builds.

I'm sorry if the color-coding is not sufficient for you; we know it's
not a good system for people who have impaired vision. My vision is
pretty good and I find it hard to pick out the red icons.

Once you have found an interesting build failure, read its log (the
"raw" log is most useful, in my opinion) and try to reproduce and fix it
on your machine. Then send a patch!

Sometimes there is a spurious build failure: The SSH connection used for
offloading fails, or the build machine is out of memory. Reply to this
thread with a link to the failing build and we will restart it.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

c-reduce seems to have failed because of a crash in g++. Maybe the server lacked memory? It builds fine here.