guix-devel

[GSoC] Newcomer

From: Linus Heckemann
Subject: [GSoC] Newcomer
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:05:55 +0100

Hi all,

I'm interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code,
particularly the guix-based build tool project. I've never worked with
Guix before, nor with any Lisp dialects, but I'm a big fan and full-time
user of NixOS and have contributed a number of patches to it.

Some of the folks on the IRC channel have already kindly pointed me to
some resources for learning Guile Scheme. Are there any resources in the
style of lethalman's "nix pills" describing guix, or some sort of "guix
for nix users" blog posts?

Additionally, I'd like to try getting my feet wet with Guix. Are there
any small issues that would be suitable for a complete beginner like me
to fix?

Best,

Linus