guix-devel

Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:41:56 +0200

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:05:04AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> So, here’s a plan:
>>
>>   • Once Efraim has pushed some of the aarch64 patches, do another
>>     evaluation of the “core” package set for that branch, and check for
>>     anything wrong.  From there on, forbid full-rebuild changes.
>>
>>   • Once the “core” subset builds correctly on all the supported
>>     platforms (those that Hydra supports), merge ‘master’.  Maybe update
>>     a couple of things like GnuTLS while we’re at it.  From there on
>>     forbid non-trivial changes.
>>
>>   • Build all the packages.  (To do that, someone with access to Hydra
>>     must change the “subset” argument to “all” in the config of the
>>     ‘core-updates’ jobset.)
>>
>>   • Fix things.
>
> We are at this stage... please help :)

Checking in for duty! o7

Here are the results of the latest evaluation:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109570?full=1&compare=master#tabs-now-fail

I cannot reproduce these failures, please try restarting the jobs:

https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/c-graph-2.0.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/express-beta-diversity-1.0.7.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/gdm-3.22.1.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/gengetopt-2.22.6.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/libutf-0.0.0-1.ff4c606.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/mupdf-1.10a.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/ghc-mockery-0.3.2.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/gst-plugins-good-1.10.4.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/python-lit-0.5.0.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/ruby-concurrent-1.0.2.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/core-updates/wcslib-5.16.i686-linux

With those out of the way, here are most remaining problems on x86_64:

* aegis
* discrover
* clang-3.5.2 (can this be removed?)
* elixir
* gcc-4.7.4 (likewise)
* glog
* a handful of guile libraries
* hugs (abondoned upstream, no users, remove?)
* khmer
* kodi
* ldc
* powertabeditor
* pspp
* scalapack
* stringtie
* swish-e
* vim-full

Once most of these are fixed, I think we're ready to merge!

Kodi is very interesting, most tests take <1s on 'master', but almost
every test take ~30s on 'core-updates' and invariably segfaults. Any
idea what might be going on?

Likewise, one "vim-full" test is failing on 'core-updates' for no good
reason. I would create an upstream issue if I had any idea what might be
causing it :)

Powertabeditor is likely fixed by an update, but I haven't tried it yet.
Any takers?

For the rest.. please share your findings!