guix-devel

the importance of rust-build-system [Fwd: [tor-dev] Tor in a safer langu

From: ng0
Subject: the importance of rust-build-system [Fwd: [tor-dev] Tor in a safer language: Network team update from Amsterdam]
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:58:41 +0000

tor is seriously considering to switch to rust. I have my own open
bugs / roadmap points which depend on our rust-build-system working.
tor will not switch immediately, but it shows the importance of having a
working rust-build-system. Firefox will switch at some point.
Danny, could you list what's left for completion? Is it just circular
dependencies? I'm about to publish my project page within the next few
days. I hope you don't mind if I list you as a go-to person for getting
involved in upstream (Guix) to fix up the rust-build-system.
If you do mind, please let me know. I will not publish your email
address, I'll rather point to a git commit.