guix-devel

Getting rid of alpha label

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Getting rid of alpha label
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 06:24:01 +0000

Can we get rid of the alpha status? It suggests packages are in alpha,
which they are not.

I have already had two different administrators in two environments
claiming that Guix packages can not be deployed on HPC systems because
it is alpha.

The excuse is too easy ;)

I think GuixSD should be alpha. But it should not be proclaimed on the
main website. Sure there are bugs to be ironed out, but we are
actually better than Debian for the packages that we have.

Pj.