guix-devel

Re: Issues while updating fossil to 2.1

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Issues while updating fossil to 2.1
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 16:15:58 +0000

Leo Famulari transcribed 0.8K bytes:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 10:32:31AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > ng0 transcribed 4.7K bytes:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > my editor wraps at 80 lines but I hope the errors are obvious for
> > > someone who did fix fossil before (Efraim?).
> > > Could it be that not all tests have been updated for the new format?
> >
> > Looking at their timeline
> > (https://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/timeline?y=ci), commits like
> > https://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/info/6167f69a218804bd
> > suggest that there are issues. However I guess we can use nothing after
> > https://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/timeline?c=303a2084a35beec1&unhide
> > where they updated sqlite to 3.18 beta and later they updated to 3.18
> > (released?).
>
> Has fossil made a release that depends on sqlite 3.18? I think we will
> offer this version of sqlite before most distros, but not immediately;
> it was released only 2 weeks ago.

https://fossil-scm.org is always running the HEAD of fossil, and because
they are very closely connected to sqlite I think that's the reason why
the implement use of new versions as soon as possible. No release has
been published, but commits are already made with 3.18.
--
PGP and more: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/