guix-devel

grub with qemu-kvm server fail

From: ng0
Subject: grub with qemu-kvm server fail
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 00:14:13 +0000

Hi,

I already contacted the hoster support, but maybe someone has an idea.

Upon initing GuixSD from a minimal Debian base, I get stuck at this point
about GRUB. The server is aparently a qemu -> kvm one.

guix system: warning: while talking to shepherd: No such file or directory
Installing for i386-pc platform.
grub-install: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't support embedding.
grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be installed
in this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and
their use is discouraged..
grub-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
guix system: error: failed to install GRUB on device '/dev/vda'

--
PGP and more: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/