guix-devel

Re: grub with qemu-kvm server fail

From: ng0
Subject: Re: grub with qemu-kvm server fail
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 08:55:10 +0000

Maxim Cournoyer transcribed 1.3K bytes:
> Hello ng0,
>
> On April 19, 2017 5:14:13 PM PDT, ng0 <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I already contacted the hoster support, but maybe someone has an idea.
> >
> >Upon initing GuixSD from a minimal Debian base, I get stuck at this
> >point
> >about GRUB. The server is aparently a qemu -> kvm one.
> >
> >guix system: warning: while talking to shepherd: No such file or
> >directory
> >Installing for i386-pc platform.
> >grub-install: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't support embedding.
> >grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be
> >installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are
> >UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
> >grub-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
> >guix system: error: failed to install GRUB on device '/dev/vda'
>
> What kind of device is /dev/vda?

If I knew, I would've succeeded. I asked if there were any special requirements
to the server ;)

There was just /dev/vda, no partitionsm, in a ready to be used system.

Of course in grub-configuration I wrote "/dev/vda" and in the file-systems the
same.

--
PGP and more: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/