guix-devel

Re: Staging

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Staging
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 14:59:23 -0400

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 03:57:41PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote:
>> Looks like the queue was cancelled.
>>
>> https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109614?compare=master
>>
>> Should we try to build out the remaining packages? There have been a few
>> large updates in 'master', might be useful to merge that first. Or just
>> go the other way around.. ;-)
>
> Most likely the queue was paused to make way for the security-updates
> jobset:
>
> https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/security-updates

Yes, I cancelled the builds in 'staging' so that Hydra would focus on
rebuilding 'security-updates', whose patches have since been applied to
master.

Unfortunately, the recent 'imlib2' update rendered most of that
rebuilding obsolete, and now we need to rebuild the web browsers,
libreoffice, and Qt/KDE all over again.  Oh well.

Anyway, here's what I'd recommend: after the most important packages are
rebuilt on 'master', let's merge 'master' into 'staging' and start
another evaluation of 'staging'.

What do you think?

      Mark