guix-devel

Debugging info unavailability

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Debugging info unavailability
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 02:02:06 +0200

Hi,

just now I had to debug a doxygen Segmentation Fault.  I tried to install
doxygen:debug but that wasn't available.

I think it would be nice if these outputs were available by default (but not
installed by default).

If we wanted to do that, we could just adapt guix/build-system/cmake.scm,
guix/build-system/gnu.scm and guix/build-system/glib-or-gtk.scm outputs default
to say '("out" "debug") instead of '("out").

Do we want to do that in one of the larger update cycles?