guix-devel

XPATH queries and manipulation in guile?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: XPATH queries and manipulation in guile?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 19:10:31 +0200

Hi,

as far as I see it might be necessary to manipulate maven pom.xml files
in many cases. Fedora provides macros like "pom_xpath_inject" or
"%pom_remove_dep" for this [1, 2, 3].

Where can I find XPATH support for guile and some examples?

Alternatively we could use Fedora's python-scripts [3] to do the job –
ultimately showing that Python is superior to Java, since every Java
package needs Python to build :-)

Yes, I've seen SXPath [4], but IMHO this usign this would *not* be a
good choice: It would require packages to learn yet another path
language, while when using XPath, the packagers could simply copy
expressions from some fedora .spec-file. Additionally I find the
documentation of SXpath hard to understand - for be frank: I did not get
it at all.

[1] https://fedora-java.github.io/howto/snapshot/index.html#mvn_macros
[2] https://pagure.io/javapackages/blob/master/f/macros.d/macros.fjava
[3] https://pagure.io/javapackages/blob/master/f/java-utils