guix-devel

OnApp Clouds [Fwd: [Ticket ID: 985993] Question on behalf of GNU Guix re

From: ng0
Subject: OnApp Clouds [Fwd: [Ticket ID: 985993] Question on behalf of GNU Guix regarding special requirements of Orangewebsite VPS]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:42:08 +0000

Hi,

clouds are everywhere and this one wasn't mentioned here before so I have to
ask.
We need to teach our GuixSD how to fly among these systems.
The skill we need to learn this time is "OnApp".
Has anyone used it before? I'm totally unaware of most cloud solutions as
I'm not professionally involved with cloudy stuff at this moment.

According to the OnApp website it seems to be rather big, but maybe 1 million
instances
isn't that much in cloudland.

This one (Orangewebsite) is also theoretic unless I can afford to rent
some more servers for testing.

----- Forwarded message from "OrangeWebsite.com Technical Support - Level 3"
-----

> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 04:42:35 +0000
> From: "OrangeWebsite.com Technical Support - Level 3"
> To: "Privacy Department (OrangeWebsite.com)"
> Subject: [Ticket ID: 985993] Question on behalf of GNU Guix regarding special
> requirements of Orangewebsite VPS
>
> Hello,
>
> our VPS using OnApp ( https://onapp.com
>
> Also yes we can manually also add custom OS, but mostly these have not been
> working if there is no support for kvm or onapp.
>
> Example: http://templates.repo.onapp.com
>
> Best greetings,
> J. J. Karppinen
> Customer Support Representative
> OrangeWebsite.com - 'Your solid partner in business'

[snip]

----- End forwarded message -----

--
PGP and more: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/