guix-devel

Re: store reference detection (was Re: JARs and reference scanning)

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: store reference detection (was Re: JARs and reference scanning)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 21:54:32 +0200

Am 12.05.2017 um 19:39 schrieb Mark H Weaver:
It would not interfere, but it could have the effect of *hiding*
security problems due to a failure to graft properly.
[...]
If we create a redundant set of references in another file, then
problems like this could go undetected for a long time.

Reading you comments (and words like "hidden"), I assume you are referring to some compressed or otherwise unreadable data.

Please don't confuse this: We are *not* talking about compressed files, but about plain text (or stored uncomressed within e.g. a zip-file).

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |