guix-devel

Re: store reference detection (was Re: JARs and reference scanning)

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: store reference detection (was Re: JARs and reference scanning)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 17:24:41 -0400

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 12.05.2017 um 20:22 schrieb Mark H Weaver:
>> Might the compressed portions contain store references that
>> will fail to be grafted?
>
> Class files per se do not contain references to any JAR file AFAIK. For
> all other files (resources, etc.) its the same as for other programming
> languages

Is it possible that class files might contain string literals whose
values are determined at compile time?  I don't know how things are done
in the Java world, but in C and C++ and I guess many other languages, it
is common for store references to become embedded in the source code
before compilation.

     Mark