guix-devel

Re: postgres 9.6.2 update breakage

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: postgres 9.6.2 update breakage
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 12:49:09 +0200

Roel Janssen writes:

> So, it would be something like:
> postgres pg_upgrade \

It's great to have a recipe `that works', so thanks!

However, whether or not we automate this, I cannot help to wonder if
we should support downgrading -- at least to the previous version
in this case?

If I'm not mistaken, everything else in GuixSD will run if I select a
previous system generation in Grub...except for this?

Is involving postgres developers an option, I'm sure a least one of
the postgresql hackers[cc] are already looking at Guix[SD]?

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl