guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: transition to Guile 2.2

From: pjotr . public12
Subject: Re: Heads-up: transition to Guile 2.2
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 19:29:27 +0200

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 06:28:01PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Most troublesome is that some packages set GUILE_LOAD_PATH and
> GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH and mixing guile-2.0 and guile-2.2 packages
> that do so is still troublesome.  It would be nice (TM) if we could
> find a way not to rely on setting those environment variables.

One thing I noticed was that gnutls was in the 2.2 path and json was
in 2.0. Providing both paths did help compilation. It was one thing I
did. But it does not feel quite right :)

It appears to me that we shoud have a reproducable bootstrap path at
every stage of the tree. I mean for building from the checked out git
tree of guix.

Pj.