guix-devel

How do I fix a messed-up Guix?

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: How do I fix a messed-up Guix?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 15:02:04 +0200

Hi everyone,

since ¨guix pull" failed (see a recent message), I tried various ideas for getting back to a useable guix installation:

- Build from a git checkout. Unfortunately, I cannot do "guix environment guix" anymore (like "guix pull", it tries to download python-2.7.12 and fails due to a hash mismatch). Running "./bootstrap" in my standard environment fails with an obscure error message about "autopoint" missing.

- "guix package --roll-back" in the hope of going back to a state in which I can do "guix environment guix".

I ended up rolling back until my profile no longer contained "guix" (I have no idea how I could ever produce such a profile), so now I am completely stuck. Any idea for getting out of this mess?

Thanks in advance,
  Konrad.