guix-devel

Re: How do I fix a messed-up Guix?

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: How do I fix a messed-up Guix?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 16:47:24 +0200

If you still have guix in the store you can use the store path to
reach and run it.

As I had something similar today that there was no recent guix... I
actually restored with a slightly older 'guix pack' from a different
machine.

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/news/creating-bundles-with-guix-pack.html

You have to use an older version that does not get overwritten by a
new Guix. Otherwise the update will fail dramatically. It happened to
me first time :)

Alternatively you can unpack the store part of the binary install and
use that. Again, make sure you are not reinstalling the exact same
version.

If you still have a working guix you should use 'guix archive'.

Many options.

Pj.