guix-devel

Re: Guix publish pipe error from #{read pipe}# - what nginx.conf to use?

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Guix publish pipe error from #{read pipe}# - what nginx.conf to use?
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:10:40 +0200

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 08:29:17AM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> On a recent guix-publish server I get many of these
>
>   gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
>     r-annotationdbi-1.36.0
>     1.7MiB/s 00:02 | 3.0MiB transferredguix substitute: error: corrupt
>   input while restoring
>
> '/gnu/store/g33ns71m61zs5sn758smmc4lnv6h4c4q-r-annotationdbi-1.36.0/site-library/AnnotationDbi/extdata/HG-U95Av2_probe_tab.gz'
>  from #{read pipe}#
>
> I don't think this is a guix problem per se. I have a hunch the people
> changed the firewall which may cause this.  Anyone any other ideas?

It is an nginx thing. When I go around nginx guix publish works as
expected. Anyone have an example nginx.conf file for guix publish?
Funny thing is that it used to be fine. I think parallel downloads
is messing it up now.

Now we are doing parallel downloads, would it be an idea to do a round
robin on substitute-urls too? Make it optional. May speed downloads up
nicely.

Pj.