guix-devel

Re: Planning for the next release

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Planning for the next release
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 15:04:20 +0200

> Hello!
>
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> If possible, I would appreciate if the release included a QEMU image
>> that we could offer to VPS hosters like serveraptor.com, as discussed in
>> this thread:
>>
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00772.html
>>
>> This would also depend on <https://bugs.gnu.org/26875> (Non-graphical
>> GRUB menus) being merged.
>>
>> If the maintainers want to try for this, I'm happy to help prepare a
>> system declaration and test it.
>
> Why not.  Ricardo?

I’m sorry, this email fell through the cracks.  Yes, offering a release
image for VPS hosters would be a very good idea.

I see that work on this issue has already progressed; just wanted to say
that it’s great that you’re moving this forward!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net